- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5 chestnut mushrooms
- A small handful of pancetta cubes
- Beef mince (500g)
- 1 tbsp of tomato purée
- Chopped tomatoes (400g)
- Beef stock (200ml)
- 1 glass of red wine
- 4 tbsp of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- Dried spaghetti pasta (350g)
- A handful of Parmesan, grated
- A few sprigs of fresh basil, chopped
- Fry the pancetta in a pan with some oil until it browns and crisps up.
- Add the mince and brown.
- Add the diced onion, carrot, celery, garlic and mushrooms, then stir well.
- Coat everything in the pan with the tomato purée and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the glass of red wine and beef stock and let it bubble away until reduced by half.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan along with the Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
- Boil a pan of salted water and add the pasta to cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Arrange the spaghetti on a plate and scoop the Bolognese over the top. Scatter over some chopped basil and parmesan then enjoy.
Click here to watch the full recipe.