Heinz UK and Ireland
Nowhere in the world is the Heinz brand as strong as it is in the UK and Ireland. Consumer surveys repeatedly demonstrate that Heinz is one of the most loved and trusted brands on the supermarket shelves. The Company's iconic products include Heinz Beanz, Tomato Ketchup, Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce, Cream of Tomato Soup and Salad Cream.
Heinz UK and Ireland's main food manufacturing facility is based in Kitt Green, near Wigan in the North West of England and turns out more than 1 billion cans every year. It is Europe's largest food factory.
The UK and Ireland business is not just growing sales of familiar favourites since its innovation engine has created well over 100 products in the last couple of years. New recipes, new packaging and new categories are proving a hit with consumers such as Heinz Tomato Ketchup Chilli, Heinz Beanz Snap Pots and Fridge Pack.
Heinz UK and Ireland continues to take a responsible approach to health and environmental issues. A twenty five-year programme of gradual salt and sugar reduction from recipes has won praise from the Food Standards Agency and the Department of Health. The Company is also introducing many measures to help reduce its impact on the environment including the development of the world's thinnest can ends.
Heinz enjoys a special place in the hearts and minds of consumers.
Kitt Green, Telford, Worcester, Westwick, Kendal and Dundalk, Ireland.
Brand names and licensed trademarks:
Heinz®/ Farley's®/ TinyTums®/Weight
Watchers®/ Aunt Bessie's®/ Alveston
KitchensTM/ Lea & Perrins®/ HP® Sauce/ Daddies®/ Amoy®/
Facts and figures
- Heinz employs approximately 2,500 people across the UK and Ireland
- The Company's headquarters is at South Building, Hayes Park, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8AL
- The Kitt Green factory, in Wigan, produces more than 1 billion cans per year of beans, soups and pasta meals and is one of Heinz's largest food factory around the world.
- The UK is the biggest bean eating nation in the World.
- More than 1.5 million cans of Heinz Beanz are sold each day
- Recognised as one of the UK's most loved food and drink brands following consumer research by FreshMinds
- Heinz is a responsible corporate citizen committed to safe practices, environmental stewardship and giving back to the community
- Heinz is a $11.6 billion global company